Tuesday, December 17, 2013

About Kiera Rain

About Kiera Rain
-Drug Free

-Smoke Free
-Fingerprint, DMV, Out-of-State, and other Background Checks Approved

-No Felonies, Arrests, Convictions

-Loves Animals, No Major Allergies or Fears

-Great with 
Kids (especially teaching pre-teens/teens how to get organized, and helping younger kids de-clutter their rooms and toy stashes)

-Patient, Calm, Understanding, Sincere

-"Enough toughness to keep you on task, and still a joy to work with." --Client

Kiera Rain is a Professional Organizer for Homes, Offices and Businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area. She has been a professional organizer since 2003, and has her own full-service professional organizing company named Bay Area Professional Organizer, specializing in the mental/emotional aspects of disorganization: Hoarding, OCD, ADD, Anxiety, Depression and Grief. Kiera also works with those in Life Transition and the "Simply Busy Person."

Kiera has worked on everything from one bedroom apartments to multi-million dollar homes, small home offices to corporate buildings. Patience, understanding, and personalized organization systems are fundamentals of her company. 

On a Personal Note:
Kiera was born in Virginia, raised in West Virginia, moved to Georgia right after her 18th birthday and then moved to her dream state of California in December 2010, where she has happily settled down. She is a licensed foster/adoptive parent and also has a biological son born on Earth Day 2012. She's looking forward to adopting siblings in the nearing future. Kiera enjoys movie collecting, reading, hiking, nature photography, kayaking, and chasing waterfalls.



PROFESSIONAL  &  COMMUNITY  MEMBERSHIPS:

National Association of Professional Organizers: January 2011-January 2012

Founder/Organizer of Bay Area Small Business and Support Group 

The Networking Circle: Group Leader June 2012-May 2013, Community Team Co-Organizer, Website Manager

Organizer/Creator of The Networking Calendar

Founder of The Enlightened Stepfamily Groups

Founder of Contra Costa County Foster/Adoptive Families Group

Volunteer Organizer for Non-Profit Events/Fundraisers 
(Check out the Events Tab for past and upcoming events she is part of.)

 (Pictured: Kiera and 1 Year Old Son, Pit Stop on First Road Trip to Lake Tahoe, 
Making Memories on Memorial Day Weekend 2013)

Q & A:

Q. Tell us about a recent job you did that you are particularly proud of:

A. My father always said, "If you're going to do something, do it right the first time. Put your all into everything you do. Finish each job knowing you did your best." And I respect his advice to this day, so I always walk away knowing I did the best I could do, leaving not only myself but my clients satisfied. The pride I have for my work shows in my quality of services.

Q. How did you decide to get in your line of work?

A. My first paid job as an Organizer was when I was a teenager, and I was hired by a mall to organize their offices and huge storage rooms. I focused on businesses at first, and then added residential organizing services in January 2010. I now have a solid mix of clients for both home and business needs. I specialize in ADD/ADHD, OCD, Anxiety, Depression, Grief, Agoraphobia and Hoarding for two reasons: 1) I have a genuine sense and understanding of what my clients are going through because I have family members on both sides who have personally suffered and also because 2) I love psychology and helping people take back true control of their lives. I help people realize they no longer have to be controlled by their clutter. I help clients understand why they do what they do, and how to break their bad habits by getting to the root cause of their disorganization.

Q. What do you like most about your work?

A. I've made a career out of doing what I love! I enjoy helping people get organized, which helps them de-stress, improve their relationships, have better time management, enjoy their space more, allow them to show off their place to clients/friends/family, and also helps them to be safer (cluttered homes statistically have more fire hazards, burglaries, persons tripping/falling over things and getting hurt, not to mention child and pet safety hazards, etc). I also enjoy helping to make a difference by Going Green with Free Recycling and Donation Services.

But THE best part about my job? My clients! I love working with so many different people, from all over the world, all kinds of backgrounds, all kinds of stories and lives. I have met amazing people and made life long friends!
__________________________________________________________


11 Savvy Mamapreneurs

Whether they work a full-time gig or just a few hours a day, these WTE mamas and mamas-to-be share their success stories on balancing a business and being a mommy.

__________________________________________________________

Service Area for Bay Area Professional Organizer:
San Francisco to Oakland to Vallejo to Brentwood to Livermore and everywhere in-between!
Just Ask!

Stop Staring at Clutter--Call Today and Get Organized!
925-290-7246